- The nearest airport is the airport Leipzig-Halle (LEJ). From there to the city of Halle it is a 30 minute trip by public transport or taxi.
- Train connections (including local transport) can be obtained from the travel service of the Deutsche Bahn.
You can use the following destination keywords:
Straßburger Weg, Halle (Saale) (conference site), Zentrum Neustadt, Halle (Saale) (Best Western Hotel), Halle(Saale)Hbf (Halle main train station) and, e.g. if you arrive via Berlin Berlin Hbf (Berlin main train station) with the airports Berlin Flughafen Tegel and Berlin-Schönefeld Flughafen or via Frankfurt (Main) Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf (Airport Frankfurt (Main)).
Accommodation in the Hotel "Best Western Grand City Hotel Halle"
The Best Western Grand City Hotel Halle (Neustädter Passage 5, email@example.com, +49-345-69310) offers special rates for participants of NUMDIFF-13 (single room for EUR 52,- per night and double room for EUR 69,- per night). These rates include breakfast and with your hotel pass you can use the public transport within Halle for free. The hotel provides internet access. Please make your reservation at the hotel by 10 August 2012 using the form (pdf) provided. Please use the code NUMDIFF-13 (for the special offer) in all your correspondence with the hotel.
The hotel will also be the venue of the Conference Dinner (September 13, 2012).
Accommodation in the Youth Hostel
You can also book accommodation in the Youth Hostel in Halle (August-Bebel-Str. 48A ). The accommodation in the Youth Hostel is provided under the following conditions:
- price per night and per person including breakfast is approximately 17.50 EUR + 3 EUR for persons older than 27 years;
- male and female persons have to sleep in different rooms;
- the rooms have 4 beds; showers and toilets are on the corridor and not en suite;
- there is an extra fee of 3,50 EUR for sheets;
- check-in is from 2pm onwards on the day of arrival (if you arrive earlier or later than around 8pm, please contact the youth hostel for arrangements).
- Maritim Halle (64 Euro including breakfast, this price is valid only if you use the booking code "MLU167", phone +49 345 5101708, mon-fri, 8:00-18:30, email: firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Westfalia Hotel Halle (approximately 50 Euro)
The conference will be held in the computer science building of the Martin-Luther-University located at Von-Seckendorff-Platz 1 .